Other Open Positions Finland/Norway/Sweden – Helsinki
We are seeking a business minded financial controller who has solid understanding of financial accounting and company administration and can utilize financial data to improve all aspects of the leading home care growth company in the Nordics. We offer you role with major responsibilities and an opportunity to be a key contributor in developing accounting and financial reporting of a fast pace start-up company that (currently) operates across Finland, Norway and Sweden. This is a key role in driving the company’s success with fact-based financials.
You can work in a structured manner, are strong in accounting but also understand the importance of making fast decisions in the best interest of a growing business. You are a self-driven, detail-oriented, hands on and like to develop your professional career together with the company’s growth. Freska has over 70 persons employed at its offices and after 3 years of operations has had near zero employee churn. It is so important that you are a team player and understand the dynamics of a successful culture. This means sensitivity in understanding human relations and the ability to build consensus while ensuring that things are done correctly.
You undertake wide aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Perform ongoing financial analysis of the business and improve internal finance processes
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Support all other functions with financial data to grow the business and enable your colleagues to make data-driven decisions
Skills and experience
- Proven working experience as a financial controller or financial analyst
- Min 2 - 4 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Co-operative team player who is self -driven and understands the importance of business
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent Excel and accounting software user and administration skills