Country Manager - Oslo
Freska is a venture-funded technology startup. Our mission is to help service professionals and our customers live a better and easier life. We do this by being the best home-cleaning company in the world. We operate in Northern Europe in 6 cities bringing in thousands of new customers monthly. The first part of our vision is to truly dominate the space in the Nordics and redefine how this business can be executed.
Freska combines a top-quality service and an outstanding customer experience resting on a company culture with strong values resting on social, financial and environmental values. The cleaners and other staff are skilled professionals that have been through a rigorous multi-stage recruitment process. Freska carefully manages supply and demand so that all employees can earn a good living on a stable income. We clean homes and create real jobs!
We are currently looking for talents who can support us in achieving our vision at a record speed. Join our extraordinary nice and talented team!
About the role
As a country manager in Freska, you will have the full operative and commercial responsibility for our activity in Norway, and have a major impact on the departments further growth and development.
We are seeking a country manager who can motivate and inspire employees to create results. You are an operational leader with good business understanding and experience from management and coordination of different business areas. This is a high-impact role which involves a combination of commercial and people management skills.
We are looking to hire a smart, driven, high-calibre individual who works best in a fast-paced environment. You can work in a structured manner towards a shared goal, are strong in operations and have a metrics-driven business acumen, possesses an exceptional follow-through ability, are a self-starter and like to be in touch with your colleagues and team, empowering them to succeed. From your experience, you know how to motivate and keep in touch with your network. The role will require a prospecting mentality and inquisitive nature.
You will need to have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a dynamic environment driven by sustainable and results-oriented values. This will be crucial to both deliver business as usual and to stimulate and affect positive change. Freska has over 30 persons employed at its offices and after 24 months of operations has had near zero employee churn. This is why it is so important that you will need to understand the dynamics of a successful culture and have the skills to make it even stronger. This means sensitivity in understanding human relations and the ability to build consensus for creating positive change, rather than operating through a central diktat or mandate.
- Oversight over daily operations
- Help manage the overall P&L responsibility
- Build and grow the Freska brand through events, public relations efforts, brand awareness, and local specialized support
- Be the voice of your local markets internally and partner with key functions such as finance, product, sales and other centralized functions at the company head office.
- Coordinating with HQ’s marketing and product teams to ensure the necessary resources to meet the country’s financial targets.
- Own, implement, distribute and follow through company-wide budgets and targets related to your market to further country-specific functions.
- Foster a culture of progressive personal development and mentoring Freskas leaders.
Skills and experience
- Relevant management experience (5+ years)
- Bachelor degree or equivalent is required for this position
- Analytical data-driven mindset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English and Norwegian
- Excited to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to foster positive relationships, build trust and credibility, as well as the ability to foster strong internal/external partnerships.
- Team builder with a focus on accountability, empowerment, and creativity.
- Willing to get your hands dirty - we’re (still) a small but mighty team and need people with a bias towards action at every level, even the exec team.
- Kaizen! (continually improving yourself and your peers)
- Free cleanings
- Competitive total compensation plan
- Stock options (Stock vesting will begin immediately upon signing employment agreement)
- Full medical insurance to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time off when you need it
- A fun office in the heart of Oslo, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks, office events and team outings
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated super-nice teammates solving fascinating challenges in a changing industry
- Being part of building a company that truly helps service providers and customers live a better and easier life