We’re looking to extend our product team building a Home Services Platform with a backend engineer.
Freska’s cross-functional product teams are responsible for their products end-to-end solving the business case through design, implementation and operations. We’re now looking for a software engineer to the Service team. The team is responsible for our service platform, service worker facing products and cleaner operation solutions managing hundreds of service workers across the three countries. We design, develop and operate our solutions fully with in-house teams.
Areas of responsibility:
You’ll have a key role in the development of our service worker platform and products. Our stack and tooling today consists of Ruby on Rails (new development happening with Node.js and Go), Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redis, build in Circle-CI, monitoring with Newrelic and hosted in Google Cloud. On frontend we use React, Redux, GraphQL, and Gatsby, hosted in Netlify and for mobile apps our choice is Flutter.
- Help us on our path from monolith to containerized services running on Google Cloud in Kubernetes.
- Take full ownership of your services: you’ll have a leading role in the architectural design and implementation.
- Growth mindset - You’ll work together with product management to prioritize the requirements in your area.
What we expect of you:
- You have years of backend development experience in a fast growing company where tradeoff decisions are made every day.
- You want to understand the business aspects in-depth to be able to make significant impact in your area.
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails and in-depth knowledge of either Node.js or Go.
- Nice to have : Experience in the world of eCommerce is a plus. Also if you don’t shy away from frontend development then great - we appreciate people who can solve the whole business problem end-to-end.
What we provide:
- Challenges and growth - Become a part of one of the fastest growing companies in the Nordics building a home service platform.
- Competitive compensation - A competitive salary and relocation support, plus benefits.
- Professional growth - International, talented team with lots of learning opportunities.
- Clean home - 50% sponsorship of regular cleaning.
- A productive setup - Equipment of choice.
- Convenience - Central headquarters in the heart of downtown Helsinki.
- Great culture and lots of fun every day!
About the company:
Freska, voted one of the hottest tech start-ups in Finland, is an online home services company currently disrupting the traditional home services industry in the Nordics. The market for home services is large and growing, although fragmented. With a focus on service quality and process optimization, together with strong values forming a coherent company culture, Freska has rapidly taken a lead in the Finnish and Norwegian markets and has expanded into Sweden. The current revenue rate for the Freska Group is at 16,5 MEUR.
Freska have been trusted by the customers over 300,000 times (and counting!) and take pride in maintaining a quality rating above 4.7/5 stars. Freska is also a digital pioneer with an inhouse Team of 15 engineers and product designers revolutionizing how a traditional service company can be operated.
The Freska vision is to become the leading player in the home services market in Northern Europe by 2025. The Company is backed by top-tier venture capitals and have raised over €10m to date. The aim is to scale the organization rapidly, but in a manner that does not harm the culture and company values. As part of this growth journey, business development will also take place where Freska will extend their services from home cleaning to other verticals.