We’re looking to extend our in-house product team building a Home Services Platform with a software developer working at the core of our business in the backend. Freska’s product teams are cross functional, responsible for the end-to-end development and maintenance of their products while solving business cases through design, implementation and operations. You will become part of the customer team. The customer team is responsible for our customer facing products as well as our payment systems, and surrounding tooling.
Areas of responsibility:
You’ll have a key role in the development of our home services platform and related products. You will work in our team maintaining and developing backend technologies, whilst continually learning and participating in the full product cycle.
- You will be actively developing new services and features to make our customers’ lives easier and our business work better.
- You will be developing new features in our payment handling.
- You will actively support our products when it comes to e.g. changes to the data layer and API endpoints.
- You will help transition our legacy system to a modern service oriented architecture.
- You will develop product thinking — you’ll work together with product management to understand the business requirements and create solutions.
Our stack and tooling today consists of Ruby on Rails, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redis, built-in Circle-CI, monitoring with NewRelic and hosted on Google Cloud. New development on our platform may involve the use of other technologies such as Go. On the front-end we use React, Redux, GraphQL and Gatsby, hosted in Netlify and for mobile apps our choice is Flutter.
The candidate we are looking for is someone who:
- Has solid experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Has experience bringing new features into production
- Loves to dig deep into complex business logic
- Can communicate clearly across teams and disciplines
- Can assist when defining and scoping product roadmaps
- Can manage their time to also support existing operations and varying business needs
- Fits well within the team dynamic and Freska culture
- Has a "Can do!" and positive mindset and willingness to learn
- Has the ability to adapt within a quickly growing company
Bonus points for:
- Experience with NodeJs, SQL, Docker, Compose, Kubernetes or other emerging and relevant technologies.
- Full-stack mindset. Our team is small and we appreciate people who can help out when it is needed in other areas and feel positively challenged to step outside their comfort zone once in a while.
What we provide:
- Challenges and growth — Become a part of one of the fastest growing companies in the Nordics building a home service platform.
- Competitive compensation - A competitive salary, plus benefits.
- Professional growth — International, talented team with lots of learning opportunities.
- Clean home — 50% sponsorship of regular cleaning.
- A productive setup — Equipment of choice.
- Convenience — Central headquarters in the heart of downtown Helsinki.
- Great culture and lots of fun every day!
About the company
Freska, voted one of the hottest tech start-ups in Finland, is an online home services company currently disrupting the traditional home services industry in the Nordics. The market for home services is large and growing, although fragmented. With a focus on service quality and process optimisation, together with strong values forming a coherent company culture, Freska has rapidly taken a lead in the Finnish and Norwegian markets and has expanded into Sweden. The current revenue rate for the Freska Group is at 16,5 MEUR.
Freska has been trusted by its customers over 300,000 times (and counting!) and takes pride in maintaining a quality rating above 4.7/5 stars. Freska is also a digital pioneer with an in-house team of 11 engineers and product designers revolutionising how a traditional service company can be operated.
The Freska vision is to become the leading player in the home services market in Northern Europe by 2025. The Company is backed by top-tier venture capitals and have raised over €10M to date. The aim is to scale the organisation rapidly, but in a manner that does not harm the culture and company values.